The Saturday Quiz
1. Ford Madox Ford; Bradford City FC; Judy Garland and Fred Astaire. What’s the connection?
2. What word describes both a trombone-like instrument and a shoulder-fired weapon?
3. Which hairstyle is named after a mistress of Louis XV?
4. Which London street has been home to JMW Turner, Elizabeth Gaskell, Laurence Olivier, and Mick Jagger?
5. To which footballer (born 1940) is ascribed the catchphrase, "It's a funny old game"?
6. She was born Michelle LaVaughn Robinson in 1964. How is she better known?
7. With at least 12 to his name, which German artist (1471-1528) is widely regarded as the first prolific creator of self-portraits?
8. Which North African city is known as the 'city of a thousand minarets'?
9. Green, Geller, Buffay, Tribbiani, Bing, and Geller. Which sitcom?
10. Which European airport has six runways?
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Nigel Farage and Frankie Boyle clash over Andrew Lawrence's 'Mock the Week' criticism
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 3 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 4 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
- 5 Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything