The Saturday Quiz
1. Ford Madox Ford; Bradford City FC; Judy Garland and Fred Astaire. What’s the connection?
2. What word describes both a trombone-like instrument and a shoulder-fired weapon?
3. Which hairstyle is named after a mistress of Louis XV?
4. Which London street has been home to JMW Turner, Elizabeth Gaskell, Laurence Olivier, and Mick Jagger?
5. To which footballer (born 1940) is ascribed the catchphrase, "It's a funny old game"?
6. She was born Michelle LaVaughn Robinson in 1964. How is she better known?
7. With at least 12 to his name, which German artist (1471-1528) is widely regarded as the first prolific creator of self-portraits?
8. Which North African city is known as the 'city of a thousand minarets'?
9. Green, Geller, Buffay, Tribbiani, Bing, and Geller. Which sitcom?
10. Which European airport has six runways?
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda