The Saturday Quiz
1. Ford Madox Ford; Bradford City FC; Judy Garland and Fred Astaire. What’s the connection?
2. What word describes both a trombone-like instrument and a shoulder-fired weapon?
3. Which hairstyle is named after a mistress of Louis XV?
4. Which London street has been home to JMW Turner, Elizabeth Gaskell, Laurence Olivier, and Mick Jagger?
5. To which footballer (born 1940) is ascribed the catchphrase, "It's a funny old game"?
6. She was born Michelle LaVaughn Robinson in 1964. How is she better known?
7. With at least 12 to his name, which German artist (1471-1528) is widely regarded as the first prolific creator of self-portraits?
8. Which North African city is known as the 'city of a thousand minarets'?
9. Green, Geller, Buffay, Tribbiani, Bing, and Geller. Which sitcom?
10. Which European airport has six runways?
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'