The Saturday Quiz
1. Ford Madox Ford; Bradford City FC; Judy Garland and Fred Astaire. What’s the connection?
2. What word describes both a trombone-like instrument and a shoulder-fired weapon?
3. Which hairstyle is named after a mistress of Louis XV?
4. Which London street has been home to JMW Turner, Elizabeth Gaskell, Laurence Olivier, and Mick Jagger?
5. To which footballer (born 1940) is ascribed the catchphrase, "It's a funny old game"?
6. She was born Michelle LaVaughn Robinson in 1964. How is she better known?
7. With at least 12 to his name, which German artist (1471-1528) is widely regarded as the first prolific creator of self-portraits?
8. Which North African city is known as the 'city of a thousand minarets'?
9. Green, Geller, Buffay, Tribbiani, Bing, and Geller. Which sitcom?
10. Which European airport has six runways?
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how Corporation is funded
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how Corporation is funded
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy