The Saturday Quiz
1. What do the letters in BASE jumping stand for?
2. The term 'red brick' dates from a building completed in 1892 at which university?
3. In 1937, when Charles Kalms and Michael Mindel opened their photographic shop in Southend, they only had room for six letters on the fascia, so chose a name from the phone book. Which name?
4. Who was protected by 7,000 police officers on a recent trip to Athens?
5. The Falconcity of Wonders – where replicas of the seven wonders of the world are being built – can be found where?
6. Which well-known UK town takes its name from 15th-century Dutch ferryman Jan de Groote?
7. Which sea was French singer Charles Trenet gazing at in 1943 when he wrote "La Mer"?
8. 'The king of diseases, the disease of kings'. Which disease?
9. Benjamin Disraeli and Prunella Scales. What's the connection?
10. Which band, huge in the 1990s, named themselves after a leisure centre in Swindon?
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God