The Saturday Quiz
1. 'Every Day is Mother's Day', published in 1985, is which author's first novel?
2. What colour jersey did England goalkeeper Gordon Banks wear in the 1966 World Cup final?
3. Who was the last president of apartheid-era South Africa?
4. The period of French history between 1890 and 1914 is known as what?
5. In 1990 which party changed its name to the Green Party?
6. A new biography reveals that two of the biggest British pop stars of the 1970s referred to each other as Sharon and Phyllis. Who are they?
7. Which Russian artist (1866-1944) is widely credited with producing the first purely abstract works?
8. Noel Coward; Goldie Hawn; Tina Turner; Michael Morpurgo. What’s the connection?
9. Jane Seymour, Mary Wollstonecraft and Isabella Beeton (aka Mrs Beeton) all died how?
10. Who recently broke a record set by Joseph Kittinger in 1960?
Video: It is the type of thing no parent wants to hear
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings casting controversy: Ridley Scott would never cast 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship