The Saturday Quiz
1. Which city's motto is "Je me souviens" ("I remember")?
2. In which decade did it become compulsory in the UK to wear a helmet on a motorbike?
3. Alfred Stair was the first person in football to do this, in 1872. Phil Dowd, in 2012, is the most recent. What?
4. In 1917 which couple founded the Hogarth Press?
5. What type of overcoat takes its name from the town in Belgium where the material originated?
6. “Well, la-de-da!” – an oft-repeated exclamation from the title character of which hugely successful 1977 movie?
7. Calpe, a monolithic limestone promontory in southern European, is better known as what?
8. ‘Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Families and Friends’ marks whose literary debut?
9. Henry James (1880); Bertolt Brecht (1948); Barry Manilow (1981). The connection?
10. The Rowley Mile course and the July course. Where?
Sales of the tablet are set to fall again, say analysts
Met Police confirm there was a 'minor disturbance' and that no-one was arrested
George Lucas criticises the major Hollywood film studios
Does Chris Grayling realise what a vague concept he is dealing with?
Trend which requires crisps, a fork and a strong stomach is sweeping Mexico's streets
Parties threaten resort's image as a family destination
I Am Bread could actually be a challenging and nuanced title
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
London bus driver allegedly kicks gay couple off for kissing
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming that the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Are you ready for Crazy Doritos, the red-hot snack food craze sweeping Mexico’s streets?
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'