The Saturday Quiz
1. Which city's motto is "Je me souviens" ("I remember")?
2. In which decade did it become compulsory in the UK to wear a helmet on a motorbike?
3. Alfred Stair was the first person in football to do this, in 1872. Phil Dowd, in 2012, is the most recent. What?
4. In 1917 which couple founded the Hogarth Press?
5. What type of overcoat takes its name from the town in Belgium where the material originated?
6. “Well, la-de-da!” – an oft-repeated exclamation from the title character of which hugely successful 1977 movie?
7. Calpe, a monolithic limestone promontory in southern European, is better known as what?
8. ‘Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Families and Friends’ marks whose literary debut?
9. Henry James (1880); Bertolt Brecht (1948); Barry Manilow (1981). The connection?
10. The Rowley Mile course and the July course. Where?
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Of all the computers Apple has ever made there’s only one that Steve Jobs had to sell his car to finance
Marvel has released first teaser trailer week early after it leaked online
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 As an ex prostitute, I urge all the political parties to commit to the Sex Buyer Law
- 2 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 3 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years