The Saturday Quiz
1. Edna O'Brien, Teddy Taylor, Michael Foot and Derek Worlock on 25 September, 1979. The first what?
2. There have been four 20th-century US presidents with alliterative first and surnames. Who?
3. Which theory was developed in the 1970s by James Lovelock?
4. The 'Cotton Nero A.x' is the name given to the original manuscript of which 14th-century Arthurian story?
5. Which Chinese martial art translates as 'achievement of man'?
6. What does 'Tardis' stand for in Doctor Who?
7. "Fast, unpredictable and hard to control but fun." Whose recently revealed description of riding whose horse?
8. Which US writer , who died earlier this year, said that "whenever a friend succeeds, a little something in me dies"?
9. Suomi is the local word for the language spoken in which northern European country?
10. Which 2009 scandal was the subject of Carol Ann Duffy's first poem as Poet Laureate?
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Rachel Canning: US teenager returns home after she tried to sue her parents for child support
- 3 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 4 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor