The Saturday Quiz
1. One was the Archbishop of Canterbury, the other England's football manager. They had the same surname and their periods in office overlapped. Who?
2. Dating from 1838, which is the oldest of London's mainline railway terminals?
3. Which word – coined by the writers of The Thick Of It – was recently named 'word of the year' by the OED?
4. 'This machine kills fascists' was a slogan on the guitar of which US musician (1912-1967)?
5. The headquarters of Interpol are in which French city?
6. Kate Moss swallow tattoos on her back drawn by whom?
7. Which record label was founded in Jamaica in 1959 by Chris Blackwell?
8. In France, the period June 1793-July 1794 is known as what?
9. Rachel Carson; John Travolta and Olivia Newton John; Barbara Pym; 1968 film starring Peter O'Toole and Katharine Hepburn. The connection?
10. Julie Bentley, its newly appointed head, describes it as "the ultimate feminist organisation". Which organisation?
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats