The Saturday Quiz
1. Nurse Ratched is a notorious character from which 1962 novel (and celebrated 1975 film)?
2. Dating from 1997, what was Jamie Oliver's first cookery book called?
3. Who recently promoted her latest album by visiting seven cities in seven days?
4. Maria Miller is the third woman to hold the post of Culture Secretary since it was created in 1992. Who are the other two?
5. Queen Matilda of Flanders was the wife of which English king?
6. Who died younger – Mozart or Schubert?
7. In 1954, who became the first jazz musician to appear on the cover of Time magazine?
8. The Tahquamenon Falls in Michigan is the setting for which 1855 epic poem?
9. Enginuity is one of 10 museums in which English town?
10. The Carnegie Medal is a literary award for what genre of writing?
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- 1 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 2 Orange Is The New Black has not been cancelled – it was a hoax
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...