The Saturday Quiz
1. Nurse Ratched is a notorious character from which 1962 novel (and celebrated 1975 film)?
2. Dating from 1997, what was Jamie Oliver's first cookery book called?
3. Who recently promoted her latest album by visiting seven cities in seven days?
4. Maria Miller is the third woman to hold the post of Culture Secretary since it was created in 1992. Who are the other two?
5. Queen Matilda of Flanders was the wife of which English king?
6. Who died younger – Mozart or Schubert?
7. In 1954, who became the first jazz musician to appear on the cover of Time magazine?
8. The Tahquamenon Falls in Michigan is the setting for which 1855 epic poem?
9. Enginuity is one of 10 museums in which English town?
10. The Carnegie Medal is a literary award for what genre of writing?
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 4 Julian Assange and Edward Snowden join piracy mogul Kim Dotcom’s political campaign in New Zealand
- 5 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute