The Saturday Quiz
1. Nurse Ratched is a notorious character from which 1962 novel (and celebrated 1975 film)?
2. Dating from 1997, what was Jamie Oliver's first cookery book called?
3. Who recently promoted her latest album by visiting seven cities in seven days?
4. Maria Miller is the third woman to hold the post of Culture Secretary since it was created in 1992. Who are the other two?
5. Queen Matilda of Flanders was the wife of which English king?
6. Who died younger – Mozart or Schubert?
7. In 1954, who became the first jazz musician to appear on the cover of Time magazine?
8. The Tahquamenon Falls in Michigan is the setting for which 1855 epic poem?
9. Enginuity is one of 10 museums in which English town?
10. The Carnegie Medal is a literary award for what genre of writing?
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating