The Saturday Quiz
1. Nurse Ratched is a notorious character from which 1962 novel (and celebrated 1975 film)?
2. Dating from 1997, what was Jamie Oliver's first cookery book called?
3. Who recently promoted her latest album by visiting seven cities in seven days?
4. Maria Miller is the third woman to hold the post of Culture Secretary since it was created in 1992. Who are the other two?
5. Queen Matilda of Flanders was the wife of which English king?
6. Who died younger – Mozart or Schubert?
7. In 1954, who became the first jazz musician to appear on the cover of Time magazine?
8. The Tahquamenon Falls in Michigan is the setting for which 1855 epic poem?
9. Enginuity is one of 10 museums in which English town?
10. The Carnegie Medal is a literary award for what genre of writing?
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella