The Saturday Quiz
1. Nurse Ratched is a notorious character from which 1962 novel (and celebrated 1975 film)?
2. Dating from 1997, what was Jamie Oliver's first cookery book called?
3. Who recently promoted her latest album by visiting seven cities in seven days?
4. Maria Miller is the third woman to hold the post of Culture Secretary since it was created in 1992. Who are the other two?
5. Queen Matilda of Flanders was the wife of which English king?
6. Who died younger – Mozart or Schubert?
7. In 1954, who became the first jazz musician to appear on the cover of Time magazine?
8. The Tahquamenon Falls in Michigan is the setting for which 1855 epic poem?
9. Enginuity is one of 10 museums in which English town?
10. The Carnegie Medal is a literary award for what genre of writing?
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats