The Saturday Quiz
1. Usage and Abusage; The Red Badge of Courage; St Paul's Cathedral; Mouldy Old Dough. What's the connection?
2. Which Stephen Sondheim musical was inspired by the writings of the Roman playwright Plautus?
3. How many islands comprise the Cayman Islands?
4. Roger Ailes is the president of which TV channel?
5. Name the English county that has a corresponding name in the French language – and what is it?
6. Hampton Court Palace was built for which cardinal?
7. Dating from the 1680s, which is the world's first university museum?
8. Since it launched in 1999, who are the only two men to have twice won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award?
9. In 1979 Jerry Dammers founded which record label?
10. Virgil's The Aeneid, Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, EM Forster's Maurice, and Agatha Christie's Sleeping Murder all have what in common?
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster