The Saturday Quiz
1. Usage and Abusage; The Red Badge of Courage; St Paul's Cathedral; Mouldy Old Dough. What's the connection?
2. Which Stephen Sondheim musical was inspired by the writings of the Roman playwright Plautus?
3. How many islands comprise the Cayman Islands?
4. Roger Ailes is the president of which TV channel?
5. Name the English county that has a corresponding name in the French language – and what is it?
6. Hampton Court Palace was built for which cardinal?
7. Dating from the 1680s, which is the world's first university museum?
8. Since it launched in 1999, who are the only two men to have twice won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award?
9. In 1979 Jerry Dammers founded which record label?
10. Virgil's The Aeneid, Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, EM Forster's Maurice, and Agatha Christie's Sleeping Murder all have what in common?
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 50 books for students to read this summer: From Ernest Hemingway to Gillian Flynn
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Rebecca Hall on her film career so far: ‘I’ve played too many repressed neurotics’