The Saturday Quiz
1. Which leading British novelist (1903-1966) had the same first name as his first wife?
2. How is the Santa Clara Valley in northern California more colloquially known?
3. According to Pulp Fiction what do they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?
4. What term for a business leader was coined by Thomas Carlyle in Past and Present (1843)?
5. The campaign to end childhood obesity in the US that was founded in 2010 by Michelle Obama is called what?
6. Paul Epworth was the co-author of this award-winning 2012 film-title song. Along with whom?
7. Which town in central France is named after the philosopher who was born there in 1596?
8. The Reichstag is the building, but what institution does it house?
9. Tradeston, Bells and Millennium are all bridges that cross which major UK river?
10. In San Francisco in 1967, which magazine was founded by Jann Wenner?
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Phantom of the Opera writer mocked after issuing a warning about Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon
General election 2015: Labour will toughen hate crimes legislation surrounding Islamophobia
HSBC review into moving headquarters from UK 'underway'
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour