The Saturday Quiz
1. British Museum, Lord's, Stoke Mandeville, and York Road are all former what?
2. The literary prize sponsored by Costa was, until 2005, sponsored by whom?
3. Denys Lasdun (1914-2001) was the architect who designed which major London cultural venue?
4. In which Asian country – roughly the size of Sweden – are more than 800 languages spoken?
5. West Sands at St Andrews in Scotland was a key location in which celebrated 1981 film?
6. With which British orchestra was Simon Rattle associated before the Berlin Philharmonic?
7. The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown, a 1933 short story, was the inspiration for which musical?
8. André Breton was a key figure in the founding of which 1920s art and literary movement?
9. The Crimean War was fought in what is now which country?
10. First published in 1946, by Benjamin Spock, it was for decades the second bestselling book behind the Bible. What?
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader