The Saturday Quiz
1. British Museum, Lord's, Stoke Mandeville, and York Road are all former what?
2. The literary prize sponsored by Costa was, until 2005, sponsored by whom?
3. Denys Lasdun (1914-2001) was the architect who designed which major London cultural venue?
4. In which Asian country – roughly the size of Sweden – are more than 800 languages spoken?
5. West Sands at St Andrews in Scotland was a key location in which celebrated 1981 film?
6. With which British orchestra was Simon Rattle associated before the Berlin Philharmonic?
7. The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown, a 1933 short story, was the inspiration for which musical?
8. André Breton was a key figure in the founding of which 1920s art and literary movement?
9. The Crimean War was fought in what is now which country?
10. First published in 1946, by Benjamin Spock, it was for decades the second bestselling book behind the Bible. What?
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Obama - 'We’re going to make sure that truth gets out'
- 1 Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time
- 4 Time runs out for Christian Iraq: Isis deadline passes with mass flight
- 5 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport