The Saturday Quiz
1. British Museum, Lord's, Stoke Mandeville, and York Road are all former what?
2. The literary prize sponsored by Costa was, until 2005, sponsored by whom?
3. Denys Lasdun (1914-2001) was the architect who designed which major London cultural venue?
4. In which Asian country – roughly the size of Sweden – are more than 800 languages spoken?
5. West Sands at St Andrews in Scotland was a key location in which celebrated 1981 film?
6. With which British orchestra was Simon Rattle associated before the Berlin Philharmonic?
7. The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown, a 1933 short story, was the inspiration for which musical?
8. André Breton was a key figure in the founding of which 1920s art and literary movement?
9. The Crimean War was fought in what is now which country?
10. First published in 1946, by Benjamin Spock, it was for decades the second bestselling book behind the Bible. What?
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama