1. It was created in 1851 by Joseph Paxton and occupied first one London site and then another. What was it?
2. Which current West End production of a celebrated musical promises '12,000 litres of water every night'?
3. Which actress – an Oscar winner in 1934, 1968, 1969 and 1982 – was described by Dorothy Parker as running the "gamut of emotions from A to B"?
4. Which sea – part of the Arctic Ocean – lies north of Norway and Russia?
5. Archibald Ormsby-Gore occupied what position in John Betjeman's life?
6. Isabel Allende; Michael Dobbs; Federico Garcia Lorca; David Mamet. What's the connection?
7. Whither Canada?, The Nose Show, Ow! It's Colin Plint! were all ideas for titles for the TV comedy show that was eventually called what?
8. The Great Patriotic War is which country's term for which war?
9. Which is bigger – East Sussex or West Sussex?
10. In which country did satsumas originate?
Twitter: @SimonOHaganReuse content