The Saturday Quiz
1. The Mariinsky is to St Petersburg as what is to Moscow?
2. Which celebrated radio theme tune has the same tempo as "Nellie the Elephant"?
3. Manhattan's avenues number from First to what?
4. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The Color Purple, and We Need To Talk About Kevin are – structurally – all examples of what type of novel?
5. Who has a statue in Westminster Abbey, another in Hull College, and a university named after him in Ohio?
6. Which two international teams has Roy Hodgson managed in addition to England?
7. Born c272, died in 337, who was the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity?
8. Which city has a so-called 'European district'?
9. In Fawlty Towers, what is Manuel's pet rat called?
10. John Schlesinger; Alan Parker; Clint Eastwood; Woody Allen. What's the connection?
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with 'topics' as country reforms its education system
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 4 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories