The Saturday Quiz
1. The Mariinsky is to St Petersburg as what is to Moscow?
2. Which celebrated radio theme tune has the same tempo as "Nellie the Elephant"?
3. Manhattan's avenues number from First to what?
4. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The Color Purple, and We Need To Talk About Kevin are – structurally – all examples of what type of novel?
5. Who has a statue in Westminster Abbey, another in Hull College, and a university named after him in Ohio?
6. Which two international teams has Roy Hodgson managed in addition to England?
7. Born c272, died in 337, who was the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity?
8. Which city has a so-called 'European district'?
9. In Fawlty Towers, what is Manuel's pet rat called?
10. John Schlesinger; Alan Parker; Clint Eastwood; Woody Allen. What's the connection?
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- 1 Secret Cinema: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Thatcher ‘was warned of Tory child sex party claims’
- 5 The Simpsons Family Guy trailer: First look at crossover episode after Comic-Con debut