The Saturday Quiz
1. The Mariinsky is to St Petersburg as what is to Moscow?
2. Which celebrated radio theme tune has the same tempo as "Nellie the Elephant"?
3. Manhattan's avenues number from First to what?
4. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The Color Purple, and We Need To Talk About Kevin are – structurally – all examples of what type of novel?
5. Who has a statue in Westminster Abbey, another in Hull College, and a university named after him in Ohio?
6. Which two international teams has Roy Hodgson managed in addition to England?
7. Born c272, died in 337, who was the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity?
8. Which city has a so-called 'European district'?
9. In Fawlty Towers, what is Manuel's pet rat called?
10. John Schlesinger; Alan Parker; Clint Eastwood; Woody Allen. What's the connection?
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free