The Saturday Quiz
1. The Mariinsky is to St Petersburg as what is to Moscow?
2. Which celebrated radio theme tune has the same tempo as "Nellie the Elephant"?
3. Manhattan's avenues number from First to what?
4. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The Color Purple, and We Need To Talk About Kevin are – structurally – all examples of what type of novel?
5. Who has a statue in Westminster Abbey, another in Hull College, and a university named after him in Ohio?
6. Which two international teams has Roy Hodgson managed in addition to England?
7. Born c272, died in 337, who was the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity?
8. Which city has a so-called 'European district'?
9. In Fawlty Towers, what is Manuel's pet rat called?
10. John Schlesinger; Alan Parker; Clint Eastwood; Woody Allen. What's the connection?
Justin Bieber was one of the hardest hit
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more