The Saturday Quiz
1. Memorial Day traditionally marks the start of the US holiday season. Which day marks its end?
2. Which three Alfred Hitchcock films were adaptations of works by Daphne du Maurier?
3. The White Tower is a feature of which historic London landmark?
4. David Cameron and Nick Clegg were born three months apart. But which is older?
5. Chris Stein was the co-founder of this leading late 1970s New York band. Along with whom?
6. Who, in 2001, coined the phrase “bog-standard comprehensive”?
7. The coffin of which prominent American (died 1865) has been moved 17 times and opened six times?
8. Lusitania was a Roman province that roughly equates to which present-day European country?
9. Which prominent athlete has announced that he will run half of this year’s London Marathon?
10. “Variations and Fugue on a Theme of Purcell” is the sub-title of which major work by Benjamin Britten?
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy