The Saturday Quiz
1. Memorial Day traditionally marks the start of the US holiday season. Which day marks its end?
2. Which three Alfred Hitchcock films were adaptations of works by Daphne du Maurier?
3. The White Tower is a feature of which historic London landmark?
4. David Cameron and Nick Clegg were born three months apart. But which is older?
5. Chris Stein was the co-founder of this leading late 1970s New York band. Along with whom?
6. Who, in 2001, coined the phrase “bog-standard comprehensive”?
7. The coffin of which prominent American (died 1865) has been moved 17 times and opened six times?
8. Lusitania was a Roman province that roughly equates to which present-day European country?
9. Which prominent athlete has announced that he will run half of this year’s London Marathon?
10. “Variations and Fugue on a Theme of Purcell” is the sub-title of which major work by Benjamin Britten?
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 50 books for students to read this summer: From Ernest Hemingway to Gillian Flynn
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda