The Saturday Quiz
1. Memorial Day traditionally marks the start of the US holiday season. Which day marks its end?
2. Which three Alfred Hitchcock films were adaptations of works by Daphne du Maurier?
3. The White Tower is a feature of which historic London landmark?
4. David Cameron and Nick Clegg were born three months apart. But which is older?
5. Chris Stein was the co-founder of this leading late 1970s New York band. Along with whom?
6. Who, in 2001, coined the phrase “bog-standard comprehensive”?
7. The coffin of which prominent American (died 1865) has been moved 17 times and opened six times?
8. Lusitania was a Roman province that roughly equates to which present-day European country?
9. Which prominent athlete has announced that he will run half of this year’s London Marathon?
10. “Variations and Fugue on a Theme of Purcell” is the sub-title of which major work by Benjamin Britten?
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader