The Saturday Quiz
1. Memorial Day traditionally marks the start of the US holiday season. Which day marks its end?
2. Which three Alfred Hitchcock films were adaptations of works by Daphne du Maurier?
3. The White Tower is a feature of which historic London landmark?
4. David Cameron and Nick Clegg were born three months apart. But which is older?
5. Chris Stein was the co-founder of this leading late 1970s New York band. Along with whom?
6. Who, in 2001, coined the phrase “bog-standard comprehensive”?
7. The coffin of which prominent American (died 1865) has been moved 17 times and opened six times?
8. Lusitania was a Roman province that roughly equates to which present-day European country?
9. Which prominent athlete has announced that he will run half of this year’s London Marathon?
10. “Variations and Fugue on a Theme of Purcell” is the sub-title of which major work by Benjamin Britten?
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 MH370: 'Putin ordered plane to be flown to Kazakhstan space port,' conspiracy theory claims