The Saturday Quiz
1. Memorial Day traditionally marks the start of the US holiday season. Which day marks its end?
2. Which three Alfred Hitchcock films were adaptations of works by Daphne du Maurier?
3. The White Tower is a feature of which historic London landmark?
4. David Cameron and Nick Clegg were born three months apart. But which is older?
5. Chris Stein was the co-founder of this leading late 1970s New York band. Along with whom?
6. Who, in 2001, coined the phrase “bog-standard comprehensive”?
7. The coffin of which prominent American (died 1865) has been moved 17 times and opened six times?
8. Lusitania was a Roman province that roughly equates to which present-day European country?
9. Which prominent athlete has announced that he will run half of this year’s London Marathon?
10. “Variations and Fugue on a Theme of Purcell” is the sub-title of which major work by Benjamin Britten?
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
- 1 Cecil the lion: Dentist Walter Palmer blames local guides in Zimbabwe for the scandal
- 2 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 3 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist