The Saturday Quiz
1. Le Classique pits which two football clubs against each other?
2. Paul Morrissey (b 1944, New York) is best known for working with which artist and co-film director?
3. The European Broadcasting Union, the World Health Organisation, and the UN High Commission for Human Rights are all based in which city?
4.Which major UK railway station is named after a series of bestselling novels from the early to mid-19th century?
5. In 1909, which newspaper put up a £1,000 prize for the first cross-Channel flight?
6. Joseph Conrad; Graham Greene; Neil Young; Blondie. What's the connection?
7. Which capital city is traversed by the Almendares river?
8. Which is the largest shopping centre in the UK?
9. Henri Matisse, Che Guevara, John Cleese and Jerry Springer – all graduates in what subject?
10. Arthur Wellesley (b 1769) was a national hero known as who?
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'