The Saturday Quiz
1. Who is the biggest-selling female recording artist ever?
2. Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre are the two halves of which Caribbean island?
3. Westbourne, Tyburn, Fleet, Walbrook and Effra are all what?
4.The Treaty of Brest-Litovsk arose out of which war?
5. The three trustees of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation are Bill Gates, Melinda Gates, and who?
6. Which glossy monthly, founded in 1709, is widely regarded as the oldest magazine in the world?
7. The so-called Rhubarb Triangle is in which county?
8. John Schlesinger, Roman Polanski and Michael Winterbottom have all directed films of novels by whom?
9. The UN's annual International Day of Non-Violence was chosen to coincide with whose birthday?
10. Argentina, Brazil, Liberia and Malawi (among others). What's the connection?
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant