The Saturday Quiz
1. Who is the biggest-selling female recording artist ever?
2. Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre are the two halves of which Caribbean island?
3. Westbourne, Tyburn, Fleet, Walbrook and Effra are all what?
4.The Treaty of Brest-Litovsk arose out of which war?
5. The three trustees of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation are Bill Gates, Melinda Gates, and who?
6. Which glossy monthly, founded in 1709, is widely regarded as the oldest magazine in the world?
7. The so-called Rhubarb Triangle is in which county?
8. John Schlesinger, Roman Polanski and Michael Winterbottom have all directed films of novels by whom?
9. The UN's annual International Day of Non-Violence was chosen to coincide with whose birthday?
10. Argentina, Brazil, Liberia and Malawi (among others). What's the connection?
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled