The Saturday Quiz
1. Tsar Nicholas I of Russia's description of the failing Ottoman Empire – used of many countries since – was what?
2. Built in 1961, the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh was the first sports stadium in the world to feature what?
3. In the early 1970s Rod Stewart fronted which band?
4. The Robert Gordon University is in which UK city?
5. Which celebrated animated sitcom started life in the late 1980s as a series of shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show?
6. The route of the London 2012 marathon took runners through which historic market?
7. Which Radio 3 programme features theme music composed by its presenter?
8. In 1962, who became the first person to reach 10 Oscar nominations for acting (the first dating from 1935)?
9. The national unity government of 1806, comprising politicians from almost all groupings, was known as The Ministry of… what?
10. The Canal du Midi was built to connect what?
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Vote Ukip, says far-right group Britain First
- 1 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 4 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
- 5 Cate Blanchett loses temper during interview: 'That's your f**king question?'