The Saturday Quiz
1. Tony Benn, Jeremy Isaacs, Tariq Ali and Michael Heseltine are all former holders of what office?
2. Who was the first monarch to live in Buckingham Palace?
3. Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter are better known as which pop duo?
4. Between 1888 and 1914 which model village was built by Lever Brothers to accommodate its soap-factory workers?
5. In 2001 which European country became the first in the world to grant same-sex marriages?
6. Bright Young Things was a 2003 film based on which Evelyn Waugh novel?
7. Which US-born philanthropist made his home at Wormsley Park in the Chilterns?
8. The northernmost point of South America is in which country?
9. The cover of which celebrated annual publication features the same woodcut by Eric Ravilious?
10. 'Nirvana' comes from which language?
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 What if 35 Palestinians had died, and 800 Israelis?
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >