The Saturday Quiz
1. In which city did Stravinsky's Rite of Spring premiere 100 years ago?
2. George Gissing's 1891 novel New Grub Street explores this condition, but the term wasn't coined until the 1940s, by the psychoanalyst Edmund Bergler. What is it?
3. 'Agreement of the People' was a 17th-century manifesto associated with which English political group?
4. Olympic diving competitions involve diving from what height?
5. The world's longest-running radio show began in 1925 and is broadcast weekly from Nashville. What is it?
6.The Room, first produced in 1957, was whose first play?
7. Which is the only US state that has royal palaces?
8. Scmp.com is the web address of which major overseas English-language newspaper?
9. The Night Watch, from 1642, is widely regarded as the best-known painting in which European museum?
10. It's All Good is a cookery book by whom?
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
The open loathing between Barack Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu just got worse
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
President Putin is a dangerous psychopath - reason is not going to work with him
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
- 5 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton