The Saturday Quiz
1. In which city did Stravinsky's Rite of Spring premiere 100 years ago?
2. George Gissing's 1891 novel New Grub Street explores this condition, but the term wasn't coined until the 1940s, by the psychoanalyst Edmund Bergler. What is it?
3. 'Agreement of the People' was a 17th-century manifesto associated with which English political group?
4. Olympic diving competitions involve diving from what height?
5. The world's longest-running radio show began in 1925 and is broadcast weekly from Nashville. What is it?
6.The Room, first produced in 1957, was whose first play?
7. Which is the only US state that has royal palaces?
8. Scmp.com is the web address of which major overseas English-language newspaper?
9. The Night Watch, from 1642, is widely regarded as the best-known painting in which European museum?
10. It's All Good is a cookery book by whom?
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine