The Saturday quiz
1. "All political careers end in failure." The words of which politician (1912-1998)?
2. Mulholland Drive is in which US city?
3. David Bowie changed his name because his original name was shared by which pop star?
4. Who owns a cat he says he wants to marry called Choupette?
5. Which writer (1903-1966) lived at Combe Florey?
6. Texel is the largest island in which European island group?
7. In American law, what term describes a writ that compels testimony from a witness?
8. Historian Alan Bullock (1914-2004) wrote the first biography of whom (published in 1952)?
9. Stephen Roche is the only Tour de France winner of which nationality?
10. "I scowl with frustration at myself in the mirror." The opening sentence of which multi-million-selling novel, published in 2011?
Website users raised funds after Jennifer Lawrence nude photo leak
The Tardis-style house measures in at just 83 inches wide
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Scottish independence: No vote collapses to six point lead in latest poll with just 16 days to go
- 1 David Sedaris: What I learnt from Fitbit about the world around me
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: 'It's only rape if the victim is conscious'
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked next, threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker