The Saturday quiz
1. "All political careers end in failure." The words of which politician (1912-1998)?
2. Mulholland Drive is in which US city?
3. David Bowie changed his name because his original name was shared by which pop star?
4. Who owns a cat he says he wants to marry called Choupette?
5. Which writer (1903-1966) lived at Combe Florey?
6. Texel is the largest island in which European island group?
7. In American law, what term describes a writ that compels testimony from a witness?
8. Historian Alan Bullock (1914-2004) wrote the first biography of whom (published in 1952)?
9. Stephen Roche is the only Tour de France winner of which nationality?
10. "I scowl with frustration at myself in the mirror." The opening sentence of which multi-million-selling novel, published in 2011?
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
Indonesia executions live: 'Hysterical' families heard prisoners being shot dead by firing squad
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
EU exit would hit UK economy much harder than neighbouring countries, study finds
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen