The Saturday quiz
1. "All political careers end in failure." The words of which politician (1912-1998)?
2. Mulholland Drive is in which US city?
3. David Bowie changed his name because his original name was shared by which pop star?
4. Who owns a cat he says he wants to marry called Choupette?
5. Which writer (1903-1966) lived at Combe Florey?
6. Texel is the largest island in which European island group?
7. In American law, what term describes a writ that compels testimony from a witness?
8. Historian Alan Bullock (1914-2004) wrote the first biography of whom (published in 1952)?
9. Stephen Roche is the only Tour de France winner of which nationality?
10. "I scowl with frustration at myself in the mirror." The opening sentence of which multi-million-selling novel, published in 2011?
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 3 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014