The Saturday quiz
1. "All political careers end in failure." The words of which politician (1912-1998)?
2. Mulholland Drive is in which US city?
3. David Bowie changed his name because his original name was shared by which pop star?
4. Who owns a cat he says he wants to marry called Choupette?
5. Which writer (1903-1966) lived at Combe Florey?
6. Texel is the largest island in which European island group?
7. In American law, what term describes a writ that compels testimony from a witness?
8. Historian Alan Bullock (1914-2004) wrote the first biography of whom (published in 1952)?
9. Stephen Roche is the only Tour de France winner of which nationality?
10. "I scowl with frustration at myself in the mirror." The opening sentence of which multi-million-selling novel, published in 2011?
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Ed Miliband deemed less influential than One Direction's Louis Tomlinson by official Doncaster power list
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for