The Saturday Quiz
1. In 1967 whose dead body had the hands cut off in order for his identity to be confirmed?
2. Which cricket commentator said on air that Ian Botham "couldn't quite get his leg over"?
3. The complete works of which French author (1802-1870) run to over 100,000 pages?
4. What is the 'advisory' speed limit on a German autobahn?
5. What does SEAL stand for in US Navy SEAL?
6. Red Bull was founded in which country?
7. Time and Chance was the title of which post-war prime minister's memoirs?
8. Who are regarded as the three canonical authors of Greek tragedy?
9. Which Asian country styles itself "the land of smiles"?
10. Gettysburg is in which US state?
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn