The Saturday Quiz
1 What, in the United States, does SCOTUS stand for?
2 Sergei Diaghilev founded which ballet company?
3 The Amalfi coast is part of which Italian region?
4 The Post Office dates from which century?
5 Denmark Street in London's West End is closely associated with shops selling what?
6 Gene Wilder, Johnny Depp, Douglas Hodge. What's the connection?
7 Gerardus Mercator (1512-1594) was a pioneer in what field?
8 Desert Island Discs has had four presenters. Who are they?
9 In its original Dutch – vrijbuiter – what political term literally means 'pirate'?
10 Founded in 1835, which is the oldest news agency in the world?
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant