The Saturday Quiz
1. The Hansa recording studios are in which city?
2. How many Scrabble letters are worth 10 points?
3. Which politician (1928-1999) lived at Saltwood Castle?
4. A letter Oscar Wilde wrote to Lord Alfred Douglas when Wilde was in jail was published under what title?
5. Moravia is a historic region that lies within which eastern European country?
6. Which science fiction writer's middle name was Kindred?
7. In 1986, whom did Cory Aquino succeed to become Asia's first woman president?
8. Which media magnate owned a yacht called Lady Ghislaine?
9. John F Kennedy, George Soros, Edwina Currie and Mick Jagger are among those who all studied where?
10. The director of which 1985 film starring Jonathan Pryce said "it was so good they named a country after it"?
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 New route to Mars could make manned mission much cheaper and easier