The Saturday Quiz
1. The Hansa recording studios are in which city?
2. How many Scrabble letters are worth 10 points?
3. Which politician (1928-1999) lived at Saltwood Castle?
4. A letter Oscar Wilde wrote to Lord Alfred Douglas when Wilde was in jail was published under what title?
5. Moravia is a historic region that lies within which eastern European country?
6. Which science fiction writer's middle name was Kindred?
7. In 1986, whom did Cory Aquino succeed to become Asia's first woman president?
8. Which media magnate owned a yacht called Lady Ghislaine?
9. John F Kennedy, George Soros, Edwina Currie and Mick Jagger are among those who all studied where?
10. The director of which 1985 film starring Jonathan Pryce said "it was so good they named a country after it"?
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
arts + ents... and a chance to paint Booker Prize winning author Hilary Mantel
danceUnder Tamara Rojo's inspired direction, it seems possible that it could challenge the dominance of the Royal Ballet. We meet some established names and rising stars
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial