The Saturday Quiz
1. The Hansa recording studios are in which city?
2. How many Scrabble letters are worth 10 points?
3. Which politician (1928-1999) lived at Saltwood Castle?
4. A letter Oscar Wilde wrote to Lord Alfred Douglas when Wilde was in jail was published under what title?
5. Moravia is a historic region that lies within which eastern European country?
6. Which science fiction writer's middle name was Kindred?
7. In 1986, whom did Cory Aquino succeed to become Asia's first woman president?
8. Which media magnate owned a yacht called Lady Ghislaine?
9. John F Kennedy, George Soros, Edwina Currie and Mick Jagger are among those who all studied where?
10. The director of which 1985 film starring Jonathan Pryce said "it was so good they named a country after it"?
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 KFC 'sorry' after lesbian couple are kicked out of Bath restaurant for 'heavy petting'
- 2 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
- 5 PFA Player of the Year: Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Steven Gerrard all nominated as Liverpool dominate award shortlist