The Saturday Quiz
1. WH Auden, Frankie Howerd and Judi Dench were all born in which historic north of England city?
2. "That'll do nicely" is associated with which credit card?
3. Who did Marion Bartoli beat to win the women's singles title at this year's Wimbledon?
4. 'The Sweeney' was Cockney rhyming slang for what?
5. The Rio de la Plata forms the natural border between which two countries?
6. Which superhero was created in 1933 by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster?
7. Which crime novel tells the story of Cormoran Strike, ex-soldier turned private investigator?
8. In 1980 which country banned hang-gliding for fear of its citizens escaping?
9. Who were Maia, Electra, Taygete, Alcyone, Celaeno, Sterope, and Merope?
10. Private Eye co-founder; "The Power of Love"; area of Manchester; 1998 film starring Jason Schwartzman and Bill Murray. What's the connection?
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- 1 Secret Cinema: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Thatcher ‘was warned of Tory child sex party claims’
- 5 The Simpsons Family Guy trailer: First look at crossover episode after Comic-Con debut