The Saturday Quiz
1. WH Auden, Frankie Howerd and Judi Dench were all born in which historic north of England city?
2. "That'll do nicely" is associated with which credit card?
3. Who did Marion Bartoli beat to win the women's singles title at this year's Wimbledon?
4. 'The Sweeney' was Cockney rhyming slang for what?
5. The Rio de la Plata forms the natural border between which two countries?
6. Which superhero was created in 1933 by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster?
7. Which crime novel tells the story of Cormoran Strike, ex-soldier turned private investigator?
8. In 1980 which country banned hang-gliding for fear of its citizens escaping?
9. Who were Maia, Electra, Taygete, Alcyone, Celaeno, Sterope, and Merope?
10. Private Eye co-founder; "The Power of Love"; area of Manchester; 1998 film starring Jason Schwartzman and Bill Murray. What's the connection?
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more