The Saturday Quiz
1. WH Auden, Frankie Howerd and Judi Dench were all born in which historic north of England city?
2. "That'll do nicely" is associated with which credit card?
3. Who did Marion Bartoli beat to win the women's singles title at this year's Wimbledon?
4. 'The Sweeney' was Cockney rhyming slang for what?
5. The Rio de la Plata forms the natural border between which two countries?
6. Which superhero was created in 1933 by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster?
7. Which crime novel tells the story of Cormoran Strike, ex-soldier turned private investigator?
8. In 1980 which country banned hang-gliding for fear of its citizens escaping?
9. Who were Maia, Electra, Taygete, Alcyone, Celaeno, Sterope, and Merope?
10. Private Eye co-founder; "The Power of Love"; area of Manchester; 1998 film starring Jason Schwartzman and Bill Murray. What's the connection?
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Madonna claims jokes about her age tantamount to racism: 'No one would dare to say a degrading remark about being black'