1. WH Auden, Frankie Howerd and Judi Dench were all born in which historic north of England city?
2. "That'll do nicely" is associated with which credit card?
3. Who did Marion Bartoli beat to win the women's singles title at this year's Wimbledon?
4. 'The Sweeney' was Cockney rhyming slang for what?
5. The Rio de la Plata forms the natural border between which two countries?
6. Which superhero was created in 1933 by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster?
7. Which crime novel tells the story of Cormoran Strike, ex-soldier turned private investigator?
8. In 1980 which country banned hang-gliding for fear of its citizens escaping?
9. Who were Maia, Electra, Taygete, Alcyone, Celaeno, Sterope, and Merope?
10. Private Eye co-founder; "The Power of Love"; area of Manchester; 1998 film starring Jason Schwartzman and Bill Murray. What's the connection?