The Saturday Quiz answers
3. William Webb Ellis (who 'invented' rugby), Winston Churchill and Benny Hill.
4. Signs of the Zodiac: Taurus Mountains; wrote Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn; wrote Libra.
5. Eternal flames.
7. The Severn.
8. Governor of the Falkland Islands.
9. The Beatles. The film was A Hard Day's Night.
10. Washington DC.
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn