The Saturday Quiz answers
1. The Brothers Gibb.
2. First Match of the Day.
3. Countries in titles of works: Canada, America, Brazil.
4. Alan Ayckbourn.
5. The Hairy Bikers.
6. The Knack.
7. Ian Fleming.
8. Barack Obama.
9. Jude the Obscure.
10. County Cork.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen