The Saturday Quiz answers
1. Athletics, cycling, fencing, gymnastics, shooting, swimming, tennis, weightlifting, wrestling.
2. Four o'clock.
3. Florence Griffith-Joyner.
4. Atlanta in 1996 after his fourth gold medal. He won a fifth in 2000.
5. Muhammad Ali, after being refused service at a restaurant.
6. Swimmer Johnny Weissmuller, star of the Tarzan movies.
7. He suggested the Olympic motto – Citius, Altius, Fortius.
8. India; hockey.
9. Long jumper Bob Beamon who broke the world record by 55cm.
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it