The Saturday Quiz answers
1. Athletics, cycling, fencing, gymnastics, shooting, swimming, tennis, weightlifting, wrestling.
2. Four o'clock.
3. Florence Griffith-Joyner.
4. Atlanta in 1996 after his fourth gold medal. He won a fifth in 2000.
5. Muhammad Ali, after being refused service at a restaurant.
6. Swimmer Johnny Weissmuller, star of the Tarzan movies.
7. He suggested the Olympic motto – Citius, Altius, Fortius.
8. India; hockey.
9. Long jumper Bob Beamon who broke the world record by 55cm.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God