The Saturday Quiz answers
1. Athletics, cycling, fencing, gymnastics, shooting, swimming, tennis, weightlifting, wrestling.
2. Four o'clock.
3. Florence Griffith-Joyner.
4. Atlanta in 1996 after his fourth gold medal. He won a fifth in 2000.
5. Muhammad Ali, after being refused service at a restaurant.
6. Swimmer Johnny Weissmuller, star of the Tarzan movies.
7. He suggested the Olympic motto – Citius, Altius, Fortius.
8. India; hockey.
9. Long jumper Bob Beamon who broke the world record by 55cm.
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly