The Saturday Quiz answers
From the blogs
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
The main course on most beer matching menus tends to be meat. Not just any meat, pork. And I’m not t...
Norman Tebbit is not the first Tory peer to raise the hypothetical possibility of an heir to the thr...
1. Athletics, cycling, fencing, gymnastics, shooting, swimming, tennis, weightlifting, wrestling.
2. Four o'clock.
3. Florence Griffith-Joyner.
4. Atlanta in 1996 after his fourth gold medal. He won a fifth in 2000.
5. Muhammad Ali, after being refused service at a restaurant.
6. Swimmer Johnny Weissmuller, star of the Tarzan movies.
7. He suggested the Olympic motto – Citius, Altius, Fortius.
8. India; hockey.
9. Long jumper Bob Beamon who broke the world record by 55cm.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.