The Saturday Quiz answers
Saturday 16 March 2013
1. "The past is a foreign country".
2. Elvis Presley.
4. Glenn Miller.
5. Glasgow and Liverpool.
6. Live match on Sky.
7. Pearl – sang "Pearl's A Singer"; wrote Girl with a Pearl Earring; directed Pearl Harbor.
9. Le Figaro.
10. Result in the Eastleigh by-election.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala