The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. On which 1981 live album do the performers thank, among others, the Fire Department, and Ed Koch?
2. Braille originated in response to whose demand for a means for soldiers to communicate silently at night and without light?
3. Fifteen of the world's 25 largest hotels (by room number) are in which city?
4. In 1865 Edward Whymper led the first ascent of which mountain?
5. Which magazine, founded in 1922, styles itself the "bible of boxing"?
6. 1995, 2004 and 2013, with settings in, respectively, Vienna, Paris, and Greece. Which film trilogy?
7. Copper and zinc combine to make which alloy?
8. Which descriptive term originated in the art markets of Munich in the 1860s, describing cheap, popular, and marketable works?
9. The Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Mercia was centred on the valley of which river?
10. How many movements of his Unfinished Symphony did Schubert complete?
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
In defence of liberal democracy
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
- 5 YouTube social experiment shows just how easy it is to kidnap a child