The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. On which 1981 live album do the performers thank, among others, the Fire Department, and Ed Koch?
2. Braille originated in response to whose demand for a means for soldiers to communicate silently at night and without light?
3. Fifteen of the world's 25 largest hotels (by room number) are in which city?
4. In 1865 Edward Whymper led the first ascent of which mountain?
5. Which magazine, founded in 1922, styles itself the "bible of boxing"?
6. 1995, 2004 and 2013, with settings in, respectively, Vienna, Paris, and Greece. Which film trilogy?
7. Copper and zinc combine to make which alloy?
8. Which descriptive term originated in the art markets of Munich in the 1860s, describing cheap, popular, and marketable works?
9. The Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Mercia was centred on the valley of which river?
10. How many movements of his Unfinished Symphony did Schubert complete?
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
- 1 Benedict Cumberbatch says Hollywood is better for black British actors
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign