The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. On which 1981 live album do the performers thank, among others, the Fire Department, and Ed Koch?
2. Braille originated in response to whose demand for a means for soldiers to communicate silently at night and without light?
3. Fifteen of the world's 25 largest hotels (by room number) are in which city?
4. In 1865 Edward Whymper led the first ascent of which mountain?
5. Which magazine, founded in 1922, styles itself the "bible of boxing"?
6. 1995, 2004 and 2013, with settings in, respectively, Vienna, Paris, and Greece. Which film trilogy?
7. Copper and zinc combine to make which alloy?
8. Which descriptive term originated in the art markets of Munich in the 1860s, describing cheap, popular, and marketable works?
9. The Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Mercia was centred on the valley of which river?
10. How many movements of his Unfinished Symphony did Schubert complete?
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights