The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. On which 1981 live album do the performers thank, among others, the Fire Department, and Ed Koch?
2. Braille originated in response to whose demand for a means for soldiers to communicate silently at night and without light?
3. Fifteen of the world's 25 largest hotels (by room number) are in which city?
4. In 1865 Edward Whymper led the first ascent of which mountain?
5. Which magazine, founded in 1922, styles itself the "bible of boxing"?
6. 1995, 2004 and 2013, with settings in, respectively, Vienna, Paris, and Greece. Which film trilogy?
7. Copper and zinc combine to make which alloy?
8. Which descriptive term originated in the art markets of Munich in the 1860s, describing cheap, popular, and marketable works?
9. The Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Mercia was centred on the valley of which river?
10. How many movements of his Unfinished Symphony did Schubert complete?
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Ed Miliband deemed less influential than One Direction's Louis Tomlinson by official Doncaster power list
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for