The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. On which 1981 live album do the performers thank, among others, the Fire Department, and Ed Koch?
2. Braille originated in response to whose demand for a means for soldiers to communicate silently at night and without light?
3. Fifteen of the world's 25 largest hotels (by room number) are in which city?
4. In 1865 Edward Whymper led the first ascent of which mountain?
5. Which magazine, founded in 1922, styles itself the "bible of boxing"?
6. 1995, 2004 and 2013, with settings in, respectively, Vienna, Paris, and Greece. Which film trilogy?
7. Copper and zinc combine to make which alloy?
8. Which descriptive term originated in the art markets of Munich in the 1860s, describing cheap, popular, and marketable works?
9. The Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Mercia was centred on the valley of which river?
10. How many movements of his Unfinished Symphony did Schubert complete?
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal to donate entire $32bn fortune to charity
- 5 Mystery sea creature - with 'fur' and 'a beak' - washes up on remote Russian beach, baffling scientists