The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Dalmatia is an ancient region of which European country?
2. Thomas Hardy's 1915 poem The Convergence of the Twain was written about which disaster?
3. Britain's only Green Party MP represents a constituency in which city?
4. Which rock group did Mick Taylor re-join this year having been a member of it in the 1970s?
5. In the 1890s whose wife changed their two sons' surnames to Holland to disassociate them from scandal?
6. Which was the first London club to win the Football League (in 1930-31)?
7. In 1945, while serving in East Prussia, who was arrested for criticising Stalin in an intercepted letter to a school friend?
8. The Althing, dating from 930, is the national parliament of which country?
9. Which action movie film franchise – still going strong after 25 years – is based on Nothing Lasts Forever, a 1979 thriller novel by Roderick Thorp?
10. Who was the first English monarch to be 'Defender of the Faith'?
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 2 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 3 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
- 4 Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government
- 5 Kate Moss on the naked Calvin Klein shoot and the obsession that ended her relationship