The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Dalmatia is an ancient region of which European country?
2. Thomas Hardy's 1915 poem The Convergence of the Twain was written about which disaster?
3. Britain's only Green Party MP represents a constituency in which city?
4. Which rock group did Mick Taylor re-join this year having been a member of it in the 1970s?
5. In the 1890s whose wife changed their two sons' surnames to Holland to disassociate them from scandal?
6. Which was the first London club to win the Football League (in 1930-31)?
7. In 1945, while serving in East Prussia, who was arrested for criticising Stalin in an intercepted letter to a school friend?
8. The Althing, dating from 930, is the national parliament of which country?
9. Which action movie film franchise – still going strong after 25 years – is based on Nothing Lasts Forever, a 1979 thriller novel by Roderick Thorp?
10. Who was the first English monarch to be 'Defender of the Faith'?
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition