The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. The two factions created by the 1904 split in the Russian revolutionary movement were the Bolsheviks and who?
2. Pat Clifton is a children's TV character better known as who?
3. Saudi Arabia is the country with the biggest oil reserve in the world. Which South American country has the second biggest?
4. Which campaign organisation was founded in 1959 to combat what founder John Connell called 'the forgotten pollutant'?
5. Which is the biggest loch in Scotland?
6. The so-called 'Karla Trilogy' – novels published in 1974, 1977 and 1979 – is by whom?
7. Mount Royal is a hill in the centre of which North American city?
8. Who was the first Chancellor of the Exchequer to talk about 'the green shoots of recovery'?
9. Whose last ever live show took place in Indianapolis on 26 June 1977?
10. Dashiell Hammett; Rosemary Sutcliff; Edward Lear. What's the connection?
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda