The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. The two factions created by the 1904 split in the Russian revolutionary movement were the Bolsheviks and who?
2. Pat Clifton is a children's TV character better known as who?
3. Saudi Arabia is the country with the biggest oil reserve in the world. Which South American country has the second biggest?
4. Which campaign organisation was founded in 1959 to combat what founder John Connell called 'the forgotten pollutant'?
5. Which is the biggest loch in Scotland?
6. The so-called 'Karla Trilogy' – novels published in 1974, 1977 and 1979 – is by whom?
7. Mount Royal is a hill in the centre of which North American city?
8. Who was the first Chancellor of the Exchequer to talk about 'the green shoots of recovery'?
9. Whose last ever live show took place in Indianapolis on 26 June 1977?
10. Dashiell Hammett; Rosemary Sutcliff; Edward Lear. What's the connection?
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
news Opponents claim it would stop performers such as Beyonce and Madonna appearing on TV
It takes a platoon of chefs, litres of brandy and rum, and almost 100kg of dried fruit
food + drink
sportIf you thought the London Olympics and Wiggins' Tour glory made last year best, don't forget Murray's Wimbledon win and Farah's double
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend