The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. The two factions created by the 1904 split in the Russian revolutionary movement were the Bolsheviks and who?
2. Pat Clifton is a children's TV character better known as who?
3. Saudi Arabia is the country with the biggest oil reserve in the world. Which South American country has the second biggest?
4. Which campaign organisation was founded in 1959 to combat what founder John Connell called 'the forgotten pollutant'?
5. Which is the biggest loch in Scotland?
6. The so-called 'Karla Trilogy' – novels published in 1974, 1977 and 1979 – is by whom?
7. Mount Royal is a hill in the centre of which North American city?
8. Who was the first Chancellor of the Exchequer to talk about 'the green shoots of recovery'?
9. Whose last ever live show took place in Indianapolis on 26 June 1977?
10. Dashiell Hammett; Rosemary Sutcliff; Edward Lear. What's the connection?
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >