1. Published in 1958, set in the 1860s, it's the biggest-selling Italian novel ever and was made into a 1963 film starring Burt Lancaster Which novel?
2. So Television is a production company founded by which chat-show host?
3. In 1877 which two major art-world figures were caught up in a cause célèbre over "a pot of paint thrown in the public's face"?
4. John Bayley wrote three books about his novelist wife, who was born in 1919 and died in 1999. Who was she?
5. Gold Hill in Shaftesbury, Dorset, was the location for a 1970s TV advert that's been voted Britain's all-time favourite. Which product was it selling?
6. The Workers' Revolutionary Party adheres to the theories of which 20th-century figure?
7. In the Rambo films, what is Rambo's first name?
8. Which book of religious portrayals was created by monks in around 700 under the direction of Bishop Eadfrith?
9. Which bottled water takes its name from a French town on the shores of Lac Léman?
10. Nicholas Lanier, in 1626, was the first to be appointed, during the reign of Charles I. Peter Maxwell Davies is the current holder. Which office?