The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Published in 1958, set in the 1860s, it's the biggest-selling Italian novel ever and was made into a 1963 film starring Burt Lancaster Which novel?
2. So Television is a production company founded by which chat-show host?
3. In 1877 which two major art-world figures were caught up in a cause célèbre over "a pot of paint thrown in the public's face"?
4. John Bayley wrote three books about his novelist wife, who was born in 1919 and died in 1999. Who was she?
5. Gold Hill in Shaftesbury, Dorset, was the location for a 1970s TV advert that's been voted Britain's all-time favourite. Which product was it selling?
6. The Workers' Revolutionary Party adheres to the theories of which 20th-century figure?
7. In the Rambo films, what is Rambo's first name?
8. Which book of religious portrayals was created by monks in around 700 under the direction of Bishop Eadfrith?
9. Which bottled water takes its name from a French town on the shores of Lac Léman?
10. Nicholas Lanier, in 1626, was the first to be appointed, during the reign of Charles I. Peter Maxwell Davies is the current holder. Which office?
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster