The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Published in 1958, set in the 1860s, it's the biggest-selling Italian novel ever and was made into a 1963 film starring Burt Lancaster Which novel?
2. So Television is a production company founded by which chat-show host?
3. In 1877 which two major art-world figures were caught up in a cause célèbre over "a pot of paint thrown in the public's face"?
4. John Bayley wrote three books about his novelist wife, who was born in 1919 and died in 1999. Who was she?
5. Gold Hill in Shaftesbury, Dorset, was the location for a 1970s TV advert that's been voted Britain's all-time favourite. Which product was it selling?
6. The Workers' Revolutionary Party adheres to the theories of which 20th-century figure?
7. In the Rambo films, what is Rambo's first name?
8. Which book of religious portrayals was created by monks in around 700 under the direction of Bishop Eadfrith?
9. Which bottled water takes its name from a French town on the shores of Lac Léman?
10. Nicholas Lanier, in 1626, was the first to be appointed, during the reign of Charles I. Peter Maxwell Davies is the current holder. Which office?
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Oxygen-starved 'dead zones' with no marine life up to 100-miles long discovered in the Atlantic Ocean
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Tory activist asked to step down after Labour candidate Rupa Huq is 'manhandled' while questioning Boris Johnson on the campaign trail