The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Thomas Terry Hoar Stevens, born in Finchley in 1911, is best known by which stage name?
2. The Hill used to be a landmark of which Australian sports venue?
3. William Blake; Joseph Canteloube; Leonard Cohen. What's the connection?
4. What nationality was sculptor Alberto Giacometti?
5. New England comprises how many states?
6. 'The Wind in the Willows' focuses on four anthropomorphised animal characters. Which four animals?
7. The cover of which celebrated album features a photograph of one of the band's members smashing his guitar against the stage of the Palladium concert hall, New York, on 21 September 1979?
8. Which infamous WWII B-29 bomber was named after the mother of its pilot, Colonel Paul Tibbets?
9. Which Best Musical nominee at this year's Evening Standard theatre awards features the song "Tomorrow is a Latter Day"?
10. The transcontinental Marmaray rail tunnel opened in which city in October?
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship