The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Lake Vostok is the largest lake on which continent?
2. The so-called Whiz Kids, a group of WWII intelligence analysts including future US defence secretary Robert McNamara, became executives at which then-ailing US motor company in 1946?
3. Which lager has been Britain's bestselling beer for over three decades?
4. What links Ted Hughes, Harold Pinter and Lennon/McCartney?
5. The Centenary Building of the University of Salford won the first edition of what prize?
6. Isaac Barrow was the first Lucasian Chair of Mathematics at Cambridge University. Who followed him in 1669?
7. Which specialist UK retailer (founded in Notting Hill in 1976) opened its first US store in Brooklyn this week?
8. The TV character Reginald Perrin shared his middle name with which Gilbert and Sullivan opera?
9. Which Scottish chocolate bar wrapper features the claim 'more than 5,000,000 of these biscuits made and sold every week'?
10. Who was the last US Vice President to resign?
Tweet your score @indymagazine
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats