The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. What is the largest city through which central Europe’s River Isar flows?
2. Which Olympic team sport was invented in a Massachusetts YMCA in 1895 and originally called Mintonette?
3. Representatives of Great South, the People of Freedom and the Five Star Movement sit in which EU country’s parliament?
4. ‘The Smoking Man’ was a key figure in which 1990s TV series?
5. Which 20th-century world leader’s first name was given to him by his primary school teacher in 1925?
6. Which multinational trades on the London Stock Exchange as BATS and the New York Stock Exchange as BTI?
7. Which rock festival franchise is named after a song by the Velvet Underground?
8. Rodgers and Hammerstein, Alexander Payne and Joni Mitchell. What’s the connection?
9. Who are the only debutants at next year’s Fifa World Cup in Brazil?
10. Dr Syntax’s Head, Cornwall and Lowestoft Ness, Suffolk are what?
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters