The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. What is the largest city through which central Europe’s River Isar flows?
2. Which Olympic team sport was invented in a Massachusetts YMCA in 1895 and originally called Mintonette?
3. Representatives of Great South, the People of Freedom and the Five Star Movement sit in which EU country’s parliament?
4. ‘The Smoking Man’ was a key figure in which 1990s TV series?
5. Which 20th-century world leader’s first name was given to him by his primary school teacher in 1925?
6. Which multinational trades on the London Stock Exchange as BATS and the New York Stock Exchange as BTI?
7. Which rock festival franchise is named after a song by the Velvet Underground?
8. Rodgers and Hammerstein, Alexander Payne and Joni Mitchell. What’s the connection?
9. Who are the only debutants at next year’s Fifa World Cup in Brazil?
10. Dr Syntax’s Head, Cornwall and Lowestoft Ness, Suffolk are what?
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats