The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Gareth and Norman; Tommy and Bobby; Rob and David. Name the comedy double acts.
2. Which boxer was nicknamed the ‘Brown Bomber’?
3. What came first: the phrase “mad as a hatter” or Lewis Carroll’s character The Hatter?
4. The Flanders and Swann song “Slow Train” referred to which 1963 report?
5. Which architect designed a new concert hall for the city of Springfield in a 2005 episode of ‘The Simpsons’?
6. Which is larger by surface area, the Black Sea or the Caspian Sea?
7. Tintin, Clark Kent and William Boot are all what?
8. Which London football ground shares its name with a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire?
9. Between 1935 and 1952, who won four Oscars for Best Director? The most by any filmmaker.
10. What links Bruce Springsteen, Richard Ford and Will Smith?
Tweet your score @indymagazine
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Ed Sheeran dedicates song to David Cameron
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- < Previous
- Next >