The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Gareth and Norman; Tommy and Bobby; Rob and David. Name the comedy double acts.
2. Which boxer was nicknamed the ‘Brown Bomber’?
3. What came first: the phrase “mad as a hatter” or Lewis Carroll’s character The Hatter?
4. The Flanders and Swann song “Slow Train” referred to which 1963 report?
5. Which architect designed a new concert hall for the city of Springfield in a 2005 episode of ‘The Simpsons’?
6. Which is larger by surface area, the Black Sea or the Caspian Sea?
7. Tintin, Clark Kent and William Boot are all what?
8. Which London football ground shares its name with a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire?
9. Between 1935 and 1952, who won four Oscars for Best Director? The most by any filmmaker.
10. What links Bruce Springsteen, Richard Ford and Will Smith?
Tweet your score @indymagazine
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 San Francisco TV news crew attacked by armed robbers during live broadcast
- 4 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
- 5 Miami defendant sobs in court as he realises he and the judge attended the same school