The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. Gareth and Norman; Tommy and Bobby; Rob and David. Name the comedy double acts.
2. Which boxer was nicknamed the ‘Brown Bomber’?
3. What came first: the phrase “mad as a hatter” or Lewis Carroll’s character The Hatter?
4. The Flanders and Swann song “Slow Train” referred to which 1963 report?
5. Which architect designed a new concert hall for the city of Springfield in a 2005 episode of ‘The Simpsons’?
6. Which is larger by surface area, the Black Sea or the Caspian Sea?
7. Tintin, Clark Kent and William Boot are all what?
8. Which London football ground shares its name with a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire?
9. Between 1935 and 1952, who won four Oscars for Best Director? The most by any filmmaker.
10. What links Bruce Springsteen, Richard Ford and Will Smith?
Tweet your score @indymagazine
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark