The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. The International, a supermarket on London's King's Road – now a Co-op – was the inspiration for a 1979 song by which band?
2. What was struck on the hand and head by lightning on 16 January, requiring major repairs?
3. Henry Kissinger, lumberjacks, Oliver Cromwell and Finland. What's the connection?
4. The Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor hosted 106,000 fans for a match in January dubbed 'The 2014 Winter Classic'. Which sport were they watching?
5. Which 1948 Shakespeare adaptation became the first UK film to win the Best Picture Oscar?
6. Wine merchant Berry Bros & Rudd, Boots pharmacy, Aston Martin and The Goring Hotel all share which distinction?
7. What is the oldest still-operating major national UK newspaper?
8. The ADC Theatre in Cambridge is the home of which famous company?
9. Fred Astaire, George Orwell and Duke Ellington. Which one was born in the 20th century?
10. Which city in England's north-west was Ewan MacColl's "Dirty Old Town" written about?
Tweet your score @indymagazine
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats