The Saturday Quiz: Try our weekly brain teaser
1. The International, a supermarket on London's King's Road – now a Co-op – was the inspiration for a 1979 song by which band?
2. What was struck on the hand and head by lightning on 16 January, requiring major repairs?
3. Henry Kissinger, lumberjacks, Oliver Cromwell and Finland. What's the connection?
4. The Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor hosted 106,000 fans for a match in January dubbed 'The 2014 Winter Classic'. Which sport were they watching?
5. Which 1948 Shakespeare adaptation became the first UK film to win the Best Picture Oscar?
6. Wine merchant Berry Bros & Rudd, Boots pharmacy, Aston Martin and The Goring Hotel all share which distinction?
7. What is the oldest still-operating major national UK newspaper?
8. The ADC Theatre in Cambridge is the home of which famous company?
9. Fred Astaire, George Orwell and Duke Ellington. Which one was born in the 20th century?
10. Which city in England's north-west was Ewan MacColl's "Dirty Old Town" written about?
Tweet your score @indymagazine
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair