1. Which director, whose film is nominated for Best Picture at this year's Oscars, also has a small part in another Best Picture nominee?
2. Who once told a US congressional committee his main profession was: "a student of American folklore, and I make my living as a banjo picker"?
3. How many gold medals in total has Great Britain won at the Winter Olympics? Three, nine or 18?
4. Whose "Balloon Dog (Orange)" sold for £35m in 2013 to become the most expensive art by a living artist?
5. Which South American team won the last Brazilian World Cup?
6. Sir Toby Belch, a possible inspiration for the Toby Jug, appears in which Shakespeare comedy?
7. Which British novelist's great-grandfather founded a brewery in Bury St Edmunds in 1799?
8. Fictional scientist Bernard Quatermass was given his forename in honour of which Jodrell Bank-based scientist?
9. An activist jailed in the US last month was told to read a book by which top non-fiction writer?
10. Douglas Adams, Yaya Touré and the Kumar family. What's the connection?