Today's letter from the Editor
£35000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In 2014, they launched the worl...
£23958 - £29282 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the North West's leading...
£22 - £25k basic + Commission=OTE £35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Bathroom Sh...
£21000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This provider of children's ser...
i Editor's Letter: "Very busy" Olympic Park
Regular readers of i may have noticed that I am a keen gardener. I open my garden for charity at the end of August, so while you lot were glued to the telly this weekend, watching the wonderful spectacle that is London 2012, I was having a little green-fingered Olympics of my own in the backyard.
My horticathlon involved several different events. There was Rhythmic Weed-Pulling (closely followed by Strenuous Back-Rubbing). Then there was the Modern Lawnmower, and the Lawn Edging Marathon.
Pot-Lifting was a real test of strength, while the water sports (including the Hosepipe Slalom) were interrupted several times by the Frog Rescuing Sprint. We have a pond, and at this time of year, one is required continually to salvage small amphibians from the jaws of our two cats.
I had intended – by way of a rest from all the gardening – to visit the Olympic Park today to look at the planting there and see how it worked as a public space, but sadly my application for a pass was turned down.
Today, apparently, the Olympic Park is "very busy". I wonder if it's "busy" in the sense that the seats at Olympic events are all "full"?
Stefano Hatfield is awayFollow @VBackyard
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition