Today's letter from the Editor
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This firm are focussed on assis...
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: A vacancy has arisen for a General Processor ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A great opportunity has arisen ...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time and Part time positio...
The Business Matrix: Friday 22 November 2013
US budget trouble weakens QinetiQ
Half-yearly profits fell to £59.2m at QinetiQ as the defence and security group was damaged by continuing government budget uncertainties in the US and relative international peace. Last year it made more than £95m.
Orders in QinetiQ’s US services division fell 12.6 per cent to £247.7m, and the chief executive, Leo Quinn, has hinted at a likely sale as advisers look to conduct a “market testing exercise”.
Crossrail knocks Foyles off track
Profits at Foyles bookshop chain have been hit by continued disruption caused by the Crossrail building works near its main store on London’s Charing Cross Road.
Turnover at the group, which has five London stores and one in Bristol, fell 2.5 per cent to £22.9m in the year to June, with profits nearly halving to £83,000.
Last year’s Olympic Games also hurt the store’s trade.
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw