Today's letter from the Editor
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful, Central London bas...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Qualified English tea...
£80000 - £100000 per annum + competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment...
£60000 - £65000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A globally successful media and ...
The Business Matrix: Friday 22 November 2013
US budget trouble weakens QinetiQ
Half-yearly profits fell to £59.2m at QinetiQ as the defence and security group was damaged by continuing government budget uncertainties in the US and relative international peace. Last year it made more than £95m.
Orders in QinetiQ’s US services division fell 12.6 per cent to £247.7m, and the chief executive, Leo Quinn, has hinted at a likely sale as advisers look to conduct a “market testing exercise”.
Crossrail knocks Foyles off track
Profits at Foyles bookshop chain have been hit by continued disruption caused by the Crossrail building works near its main store on London’s Charing Cross Road.
Turnover at the group, which has five London stores and one in Bristol, fell 2.5 per cent to £22.9m in the year to June, with profits nearly halving to £83,000.
Last year’s Olympic Games also hurt the store’s trade.
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned PR disaster
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond