Today's letter from the Editor
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...
The Business Matrix: Friday 22 November 2013
US budget trouble weakens QinetiQ
Half-yearly profits fell to £59.2m at QinetiQ as the defence and security group was damaged by continuing government budget uncertainties in the US and relative international peace. Last year it made more than £95m.
Orders in QinetiQ’s US services division fell 12.6 per cent to £247.7m, and the chief executive, Leo Quinn, has hinted at a likely sale as advisers look to conduct a “market testing exercise”.
Crossrail knocks Foyles off track
Profits at Foyles bookshop chain have been hit by continued disruption caused by the Crossrail building works near its main store on London’s Charing Cross Road.
Turnover at the group, which has five London stores and one in Bristol, fell 2.5 per cent to £22.9m in the year to June, with profits nearly halving to £83,000.
Last year’s Olympic Games also hurt the store’s trade.
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness