Today's letter from the Editor
The Business Matrix: Monday 11 March 2013
Marketing execs tell us to 'relax'
stereotype of the laidback marketing executive has been borne out by a survey showing they are less concerned over the economy than their counterparts in finance. Only six in 10 of the country's marketers believe there is an "above normal level of uncertainty" against 93 per cent of finance directors, according to a Deloitte and Chartered Institute of Marketing Survey.
Platinum boss woos investors
Jubilee Platinum is trying to persuade sceptical investors its proposed £20m takeover of Platinum Australia would be "transformational". The deal would give Jubilee an operational mine for the first time, but would result in Jubilee shareholders seeing their stock diluted. Jubilee boss Leon Coetzer said he needed to "educate" them on the benefits of the deal.
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.