Today's letter from the Editor
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join one of the UK's...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen in a Winche...
£300 - £400 per day: Argyll Scott International: I am currently recruiting on ...
£16000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Field Based Sales Surveyor is...
The Business Matrix: Monday 15 October 2012
China's exports boom gives boost
Hopes that growth in the Chinese economy is not letting up were boosted by data showing exports rose faster than expected in September. Exports exports were up 9.9%, sharply up on the 2.7% growth rate seen in August. Imports also rose 2.4% after three months of falls. Analysts at HSBC said the bouceback suggested fears of a major slowdown were overblown.
Some relief at last for battered BAE
BAE Systems has been granted regulatory approval for its plan to plug a massive pension fund gap, in a rare piece of good news for the UK defence contractor. Last week, BAE's audacious £28bn megamerger with Airbus-owner EADS was scrapped after Germany effectively pulled the plug on the deal. Solving the pensions crisis could boost BAE's hopes of another merger.
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school