Today's letter from the Editor
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Photographer/ Floor planner /...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Front-End Developer - Guildford/Craw...
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Assistant is...
£16000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious and motivated Sale...
The Business Matrix: Monday 15 October 2012
China's exports boom gives boost
Hopes that growth in the Chinese economy is not letting up were boosted by data showing exports rose faster than expected in September. Exports exports were up 9.9%, sharply up on the 2.7% growth rate seen in August. Imports also rose 2.4% after three months of falls. Analysts at HSBC said the bouceback suggested fears of a major slowdown were overblown.
Some relief at last for battered BAE
BAE Systems has been granted regulatory approval for its plan to plug a massive pension fund gap, in a rare piece of good news for the UK defence contractor. Last week, BAE's audacious £28bn megamerger with Airbus-owner EADS was scrapped after Germany effectively pulled the plug on the deal. Solving the pensions crisis could boost BAE's hopes of another merger.
- 1 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 Stephen Hawking endorses Labour in the General Election