Today's letter from the Editor
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: You will also work alongside their seasoned sa...
£15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for your first step into...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This innovative company working...
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Wakefield Deal...
The Business Matrix: Monday 31 March 2014
Petrol price falls for fifth month in a row
The average family is now £5 a week better off than last year thanks to falling petrol prices, according to Asda. February was the fifth straight month of improvement.
Health and Safety chief paid £160,000
The next chief executive of the Health and Safety Executive could receive a salary of as much as £160,000 before benefits, according to a recruitment advertisement published in the media yesterday.
Footballer Mills in pasty firm buyout
The former England footballer Danny Mills is part of a club of investors poised to buy the West Cornwall Pasty Company, according to reports yesteray.
Tobacco firms’ war on plain packets
The tobacco industry is gearing up to attack a report into the health benefits of plain cigarette packaging, out this week. The review will influence whether the Government presses ahead with plain packaging. (Independent on Sunday)
Chinese tycoon may buy House of Fraser
House of Fraser, the 165-year-old high-street department stores chain, could be snapped up by a Chinese tycoon in a £450m deal. Sanpower, a conglomerate run by Yuan Yafei, is in advanced talks with the group. (The Sunday Times)
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet