Today's letter from the Editor
Salary/Rate: £32,000/annum: M&E Global Resources Ltd: Description/Main Duties ...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + pension, healthcare,25 days: Ashdown Group: An est...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established professional services...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Huxley Associates are currentl...
The Business Matrix: Monday 31 March 2014
Petrol price falls for fifth month in a row
The average family is now £5 a week better off than last year thanks to falling petrol prices, according to Asda. February was the fifth straight month of improvement.
Health and Safety chief paid £160,000
The next chief executive of the Health and Safety Executive could receive a salary of as much as £160,000 before benefits, according to a recruitment advertisement published in the media yesterday.
Footballer Mills in pasty firm buyout
The former England footballer Danny Mills is part of a club of investors poised to buy the West Cornwall Pasty Company, according to reports yesteray.
Tobacco firms’ war on plain packets
The tobacco industry is gearing up to attack a report into the health benefits of plain cigarette packaging, out this week. The review will influence whether the Government presses ahead with plain packaging. (Independent on Sunday)
Chinese tycoon may buy House of Fraser
House of Fraser, the 165-year-old high-street department stores chain, could be snapped up by a Chinese tycoon in a £450m deal. Sanpower, a conglomerate run by Yuan Yafei, is in advanced talks with the group. (The Sunday Times)
- 1 Unseen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory chapter deemed 'too subversive' released
- 2 Ebola virus: It's ripped through towns – now the deadliest ever outbreak of the virus is heading for Africa's teeming cities
- 3 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127