Today's letter from the Editor
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...
The Business Matrix: Monday 31 March 2014
Petrol price falls for fifth month in a row
The average family is now £5 a week better off than last year thanks to falling petrol prices, according to Asda. February was the fifth straight month of improvement.
Health and Safety chief paid £160,000
The next chief executive of the Health and Safety Executive could receive a salary of as much as £160,000 before benefits, according to a recruitment advertisement published in the media yesterday.
Footballer Mills in pasty firm buyout
The former England footballer Danny Mills is part of a club of investors poised to buy the West Cornwall Pasty Company, according to reports yesteray.
Tobacco firms’ war on plain packets
The tobacco industry is gearing up to attack a report into the health benefits of plain cigarette packaging, out this week. The review will influence whether the Government presses ahead with plain packaging. (Independent on Sunday)
Chinese tycoon may buy House of Fraser
House of Fraser, the 165-year-old high-street department stores chain, could be snapped up by a Chinese tycoon in a £450m deal. Sanpower, a conglomerate run by Yuan Yafei, is in advanced talks with the group. (The Sunday Times)
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night