Today's letter from the Editor
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading Mercedes-Ben...
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£19500 - £23500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced B2B Telemarketer wa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This global company are looking for two Showro...
The Business Matrix: Monday 31 March 2014
Petrol price falls for fifth month in a row
The average family is now £5 a week better off than last year thanks to falling petrol prices, according to Asda. February was the fifth straight month of improvement.
Health and Safety chief paid £160,000
The next chief executive of the Health and Safety Executive could receive a salary of as much as £160,000 before benefits, according to a recruitment advertisement published in the media yesterday.
Footballer Mills in pasty firm buyout
The former England footballer Danny Mills is part of a club of investors poised to buy the West Cornwall Pasty Company, according to reports yesteray.
Tobacco firms’ war on plain packets
The tobacco industry is gearing up to attack a report into the health benefits of plain cigarette packaging, out this week. The review will influence whether the Government presses ahead with plain packaging. (Independent on Sunday)
Chinese tycoon may buy House of Fraser
House of Fraser, the 165-year-old high-street department stores chain, could be snapped up by a Chinese tycoon in a £450m deal. Sanpower, a conglomerate run by Yuan Yafei, is in advanced talks with the group. (The Sunday Times)
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone