Today's letter from the Editor
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...
The Business Matrix: Monday 7 April 2014
EEF calls for red tape task force
EEF, the UK’s top manufacturing association, has called for a Brussels-based red-tape task force to reduce European Union bureaucracy. Manufacturers overwhelmingly want Britain stay in the EU, but EEF argues that 28 European commissioners is too many, leading to a “proliferation of policy development, often with significant conflict”.
MPs say system is open to abuse
MPs will grill Treasury officials today on why there are still more than 1,000 types of tax relief, despite a Coalition vow to simplify the tax system. The Public Accounts Committee chairwoman, Margaret Hodge, believes the system is overly complicated and could be abused by big companies looking to avoid paying tax.
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'