Today's letter from the Editor
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
The Business Matrix: Monday 7 April 2014
EEF calls for red tape task force
EEF, the UK’s top manufacturing association, has called for a Brussels-based red-tape task force to reduce European Union bureaucracy. Manufacturers overwhelmingly want Britain stay in the EU, but EEF argues that 28 European commissioners is too many, leading to a “proliferation of policy development, often with significant conflict”.
MPs say system is open to abuse
MPs will grill Treasury officials today on why there are still more than 1,000 types of tax relief, despite a Coalition vow to simplify the tax system. The Public Accounts Committee chairwoman, Margaret Hodge, believes the system is overly complicated and could be abused by big companies looking to avoid paying tax.
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years