Today's letter from the Editor
£38000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's best performing...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our award-winning client is one...
£15000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Atlas ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity to join established...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 1 December 2012
India's Economy still performing badly
India's economy extended its slump in the last quarter, leaving the emerging market on track for its worst year in a decade. The country's GDP grew by 5.3 per cent between July and September, down from the 5.5 per cent posted for the previous quarter.
Early deadline for Unite retail bond
Unite's £75m retail bond will close early on Monday as investors flocked to its generous returns, just days after haulage group Eddie Stobart was forced to abandon its own offer. The student landlord was due to close its offer period on Wednesday, but the pay-out proved popular enough to cut the deadline by two days.
Sportingbet sees wagers dip £100m
A post-Olympic lull saw wagers fall nearly £100m in the three months to October at Sportingbet, the online betting firm that owns Paradise Poker. Revenue also fell 35 per cent, which will worry William Hill. The gambling giant, with European group GVC, has offered more than £400m for Sportingbet.
IAG sues pilots' union over strikes
International Airlines Group, the owner of British Airways and Iberia, is suing the Spanish pilots' union. It has lodged a court claim over strikes last year and early this year against the creation of budget subsidiary Iberia Express.
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'