Today's letter from the Editor
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Leicester: Are you a Teacher looking fo...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Leicester: Are you a Newly Qualified Teacher lo...
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Leicester: Part Time Primary TeacherOur...
£7 - £8 per hour: Randstad Education Cheshire: The Job:School Science Technici...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 1 December 2012
India's Economy still performing badly
India's economy extended its slump in the last quarter, leaving the emerging market on track for its worst year in a decade. The country's GDP grew by 5.3 per cent between July and September, down from the 5.5 per cent posted for the previous quarter.
Early deadline for Unite retail bond
Unite's £75m retail bond will close early on Monday as investors flocked to its generous returns, just days after haulage group Eddie Stobart was forced to abandon its own offer. The student landlord was due to close its offer period on Wednesday, but the pay-out proved popular enough to cut the deadline by two days.
Sportingbet sees wagers dip £100m
A post-Olympic lull saw wagers fall nearly £100m in the three months to October at Sportingbet, the online betting firm that owns Paradise Poker. Revenue also fell 35 per cent, which will worry William Hill. The gambling giant, with European group GVC, has offered more than £400m for Sportingbet.
IAG sues pilots' union over strikes
International Airlines Group, the owner of British Airways and Iberia, is suing the Spanish pilots' union. It has lodged a court claim over strikes last year and early this year against the creation of budget subsidiary Iberia Express.
- 1 Scottish independence results live: Reunited kingdom - Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum
- 2 Scottish referendum results: David Cameron set to unveil major devolution of powers to England
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair