Today's letter from the Editor
£65000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Technical Presales Engineer - central London ...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Physiotherapist / Sports Ther...
£8 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Sales Executives / Advisors are required...
£14000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 1 February 2014
Barclays ordered to hand over papers
Barclays has been told to hand over thousands more documents in a UK court case tied to the alleged manipulation of Libor interest rates. Barclays is accused by a UK residential care home operator of mis-selling Libor-based products.
National Grid faces defeat to unions
Union leaders are on the verge of victory after a vicious 18-month pension battle with National Grid. The board had wanted to cap pensionable pay in any given year for its lucrative final salary schemes, to close a £1.1bn deficit.
Wild moves into hotseat at Domino’s
David Wild, the former Halfords boss who joined Domino’s Pizza as a non-executive director in November, has been named its acting chief executive.
100 jobs to go at Bank of England
Up to 100 Bank of England staff will lose their jobs after a review by Deloitte identified £18m in potential savings. The central services division will bear the brunt.
Libya sues over investment advice
The Libyan Investment Authority is to sue Société Générale and Goldman Sachs over Gadaffi-era advice that allegedly lost the country millions of dollars.
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
- 3 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 4 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 5 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube