Today's letter from the Editor
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 1 February 2014
Barclays ordered to hand over papers
Barclays has been told to hand over thousands more documents in a UK court case tied to the alleged manipulation of Libor interest rates. Barclays is accused by a UK residential care home operator of mis-selling Libor-based products.
National Grid faces defeat to unions
Union leaders are on the verge of victory after a vicious 18-month pension battle with National Grid. The board had wanted to cap pensionable pay in any given year for its lucrative final salary schemes, to close a £1.1bn deficit.
Wild moves into hotseat at Domino’s
David Wild, the former Halfords boss who joined Domino’s Pizza as a non-executive director in November, has been named its acting chief executive.
100 jobs to go at Bank of England
Up to 100 Bank of England staff will lose their jobs after a review by Deloitte identified £18m in potential savings. The central services division will bear the brunt.
Libya sues over investment advice
The Libyan Investment Authority is to sue Société Générale and Goldman Sachs over Gadaffi-era advice that allegedly lost the country millions of dollars.
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 5 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales