Today's letter from the Editor
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Promising volunteer Trustee op...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£110 - £130 per hour: Randstad Education Reading: Psychology Teacher needed fo...
£85 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: Randstad Education are curren...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 10 May 2014
Drax issues a profit warning
Warmer weather and falling energy prices forced the power-plant giant Drax to issue a profit warning. The company, which provides 8 per cent of the electricity in the UK, warned its full-year profits could be £30m below previous expectations and the shares tumbled 2.5 per cent to 660p.
Ruias succeed in Essar buyout
The Ruia brothers have won their bid to buy out Essar Energy after other investors, holding 8.29 per cent of the company, tendered their shares in favour of their offer. The Indian billionaires, Shashi and Ravi, offered 70p a share in March in an attempt to delist Essar Energy.
Exports up 5.9% as trade improves
Hopes for a rebalancing of the economy were fuelled yesterday as trade improved, despite a stronger pound, and manufacturers had their best quarter since 1999. Export volumes leapt 5.9 per cent, against a 3.2 per cent rise in imports.
Johnston’s £360m refinancing plan
The debt-laden newspaper group Johnston Press has unveiled plans for a £360m refinancing as falling print revenues continued to impact its top line. The company owns 200 titles including The Yorkshire Post and The Scotsman.
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Scottish independence: Andy Murray backs Yes campaign in eleventh hour decision