Today's letter from the Editor
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...
£32000 - £38000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 12 April 2014
Clifford launches third Geiger MBO
Neil Clifford is heading a management buyout of Kurt Geiger for the third time. The MBO is being backed by the US private-equity firm Sycamore Partners, which has just bought Geiger’s current owner Jones Group. He first bought out Kurt Geiger from Harrods in 2005.
Weather causes drop in building
Builders were forced to down tools by February’s floods and storms, official statistics showed yesterday. Total output fell by 2.8 per cent from January as exceptionally bad weather afflicted large areas of the country, according to the Office for National Statistics.
Firm to find new boss at Centrica
Centrica, the owner of British Gas, has begun the search for a new chief executive after its £2m-a-year boss Sam Laidlaw indicated that he wants to step down this year. The company is believed to have hired the headhunters Spencer Stuart.
JPMorgan Chase earnings drop 19%
JPMorgan Chase posted a 19 per cent fall in quarterly earnings yesterday as uncertainty about the US economy weighed on trading volumes and consumer borrowing. The US bank’s bond-trading revenue plunged 21 per cent.
- 1 Students heading off to 'charity challenge' grounded at Gatwick after travel firm goes bust
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Like Jennifer Aniston, I am no less of a woman because I am childless