Today's letter from the Editor
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...
£90 - £115 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: We are currently looking fo...
£120 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Job Share Year 3/4 Teacher...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 12 April 2014
Clifford launches third Geiger MBO
Neil Clifford is heading a management buyout of Kurt Geiger for the third time. The MBO is being backed by the US private-equity firm Sycamore Partners, which has just bought Geiger’s current owner Jones Group. He first bought out Kurt Geiger from Harrods in 2005.
Weather causes drop in building
Builders were forced to down tools by February’s floods and storms, official statistics showed yesterday. Total output fell by 2.8 per cent from January as exceptionally bad weather afflicted large areas of the country, according to the Office for National Statistics.
Firm to find new boss at Centrica
Centrica, the owner of British Gas, has begun the search for a new chief executive after its £2m-a-year boss Sam Laidlaw indicated that he wants to step down this year. The company is believed to have hired the headhunters Spencer Stuart.
JPMorgan Chase earnings drop 19%
JPMorgan Chase posted a 19 per cent fall in quarterly earnings yesterday as uncertainty about the US economy weighed on trading volumes and consumer borrowing. The US bank’s bond-trading revenue plunged 21 per cent.
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond