Today's letter from the Editor
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 12 October 2013
Caffe Nero ducks corporation tax
Caffe Nero paid no corporation tax for a third year despite making a profit of £21.1m, according to its accounts. It did so by legally routing its operations through its parent in the Isle of Man and using subsidiaries.
Construction fails to build on boom
A house building surge failed to offset a summer blip for the wider building sector as industry output slipped back marginally. The Office for National Statistics said construction output edged 0.1 per cent lower during August.
Gem shares soar on £5m diamond
Gem Diamonds has sold two exceptional stones extracted from the highest diamond mine in the world, sending its shares up 2.5p to 153.5p. Top was a rare, 12.47-carat blue diamond, which fetched $7.5m (£4.7m).
Heathrow flyer numbers soar
Heathrow again packed more passengers into its terminals last month as flyer numbers rose 3.4 per cent to 6.6 million. The average number of passengers per flight rose to 164, up 1.5 per cent on September 2012.
Chemring expects £8m profits drop
The grenade and bomb detector maker Chemring has warned that the US political shutdown could hit its profitability. The firm said the deadlock and production problems were likely to cut operating profits by £8m.
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 3 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 4 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
- 5 The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words