Today's letter from the Editor
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 12 October 2013
Caffe Nero ducks corporation tax
Caffe Nero paid no corporation tax for a third year despite making a profit of £21.1m, according to its accounts. It did so by legally routing its operations through its parent in the Isle of Man and using subsidiaries.
Construction fails to build on boom
A house building surge failed to offset a summer blip for the wider building sector as industry output slipped back marginally. The Office for National Statistics said construction output edged 0.1 per cent lower during August.
Gem shares soar on £5m diamond
Gem Diamonds has sold two exceptional stones extracted from the highest diamond mine in the world, sending its shares up 2.5p to 153.5p. Top was a rare, 12.47-carat blue diamond, which fetched $7.5m (£4.7m).
Heathrow flyer numbers soar
Heathrow again packed more passengers into its terminals last month as flyer numbers rose 3.4 per cent to 6.6 million. The average number of passengers per flight rose to 164, up 1.5 per cent on September 2012.
Chemring expects £8m profits drop
The grenade and bomb detector maker Chemring has warned that the US political shutdown could hit its profitability. The firm said the deadlock and production problems were likely to cut operating profits by £8m.
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson