Today's letter from the Editor
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: PMLD Teacher A specialist primary school i...
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 14 December 2013
Scottish law firm’s independence ends
The law firm CMS is to merge with Dundas & Wilson, one of the biggest lawyers in Scotland, which traces its roots back to 1759. Following a partner vote the deal will go through in May. The combined firm will have 830 partners.
Housing market ‘like a microwave’
The Bank of England’s chief economist, Spencer Dale, said the housing market was like a microwave oven “with a tendency to turn from lukewarm to scalding hot in a matter of a few economic seconds”, but the Bank had tools to avert a bubble.
Rothschild backs split for Bumi
Nat Rothschild, a major share-holder in the coal miner Bumi, has signed a deal to support its proposed split from Indonesia’s Bakrie group in a vote next week.
Man arrested over insider trading
A Morrisons employee has been arrested and bailed as part of an investigation into insider dealing. Police in Yorkshire raided the home of a 49-year-old man in Harrogate.
Mollenkopf off Microsoft shortlist
Microsoft’s hopes of hiring Steve Mollenkopf from the chipmaker Qualcomm to replace Steve Ballmer have been dashed after Qualcomm promoted him to CEO.
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'