Today's letter from the Editor
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 14 December 2013
Scottish law firm’s independence ends
The law firm CMS is to merge with Dundas & Wilson, one of the biggest lawyers in Scotland, which traces its roots back to 1759. Following a partner vote the deal will go through in May. The combined firm will have 830 partners.
Housing market ‘like a microwave’
The Bank of England’s chief economist, Spencer Dale, said the housing market was like a microwave oven “with a tendency to turn from lukewarm to scalding hot in a matter of a few economic seconds”, but the Bank had tools to avert a bubble.
Rothschild backs split for Bumi
Nat Rothschild, a major share-holder in the coal miner Bumi, has signed a deal to support its proposed split from Indonesia’s Bakrie group in a vote next week.
Man arrested over insider trading
A Morrisons employee has been arrested and bailed as part of an investigation into insider dealing. Police in Yorkshire raided the home of a 49-year-old man in Harrogate.
Mollenkopf off Microsoft shortlist
Microsoft’s hopes of hiring Steve Mollenkopf from the chipmaker Qualcomm to replace Steve Ballmer have been dashed after Qualcomm promoted him to CEO.
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Group of students refused entry to Leicester nightclub 'because they are black'
- 4 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace