Today's letter from the Editor
£13000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to be part of a ...
£19000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT and Telecoms company ar...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 14 December 2013
Scottish law firm’s independence ends
The law firm CMS is to merge with Dundas & Wilson, one of the biggest lawyers in Scotland, which traces its roots back to 1759. Following a partner vote the deal will go through in May. The combined firm will have 830 partners.
Housing market ‘like a microwave’
The Bank of England’s chief economist, Spencer Dale, said the housing market was like a microwave oven “with a tendency to turn from lukewarm to scalding hot in a matter of a few economic seconds”, but the Bank had tools to avert a bubble.
Rothschild backs split for Bumi
Nat Rothschild, a major share-holder in the coal miner Bumi, has signed a deal to support its proposed split from Indonesia’s Bakrie group in a vote next week.
Man arrested over insider trading
A Morrisons employee has been arrested and bailed as part of an investigation into insider dealing. Police in Yorkshire raided the home of a 49-year-old man in Harrogate.
Mollenkopf off Microsoft shortlist
Microsoft’s hopes of hiring Steve Mollenkopf from the chipmaker Qualcomm to replace Steve Ballmer have been dashed after Qualcomm promoted him to CEO.
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine