Today's letter from the Editor
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: B2B Marketing Manager (Events, Digit...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 14 July 2012
Italy's credit rating cut by Moody's
The ratings agency Moody's cut Italy's credit score by two notches yesterday as it faces a "sharp" rise in funding costs due to contagion risks from Greece and Spain. Italy's 10-year borrowing costs hit 6 per cent at one point, but it still raised €3.5bn (£2.8bn) in three-year debt at 4.65 per cent.
Cove Energy bid heads for auction
The match between Shell and Thailand's PTT for the oil explorer Cove Energy is heading for a penalty shoot-out. The City's referee, the Takeover Panel, said the pair must declare final offers by 5pm on Monday or else enter an auction, where each will be able to revise its bid once a day from Tuesday until a deal is sealed.
Construction still on the slide
An extra day at work failed to help builders in May as construction output sank again. The 6.3 per cent slide in official figures came despite a bank holiday being moved to June for the Diamond Jubilee. The industry, which accounts for 7 per cent of UK output, is expected to weigh on second quarter growth.
- 1 JK Rowling horrified by Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis's raunchy photoshoot
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 Georgia Army veteran arrested for breaking window to save dog has charges dropped
- 4 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 5 Melissa McCarthy's brilliant response to one sexist question posed to her on the red carpet by a male reporter