Today's letter from the Editor
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£70 - £90 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Higher Level Teaching Assist...
£50 - £80 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education is the UK...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 14 July 2012
Italy's credit rating cut by Moody's
The ratings agency Moody's cut Italy's credit score by two notches yesterday as it faces a "sharp" rise in funding costs due to contagion risks from Greece and Spain. Italy's 10-year borrowing costs hit 6 per cent at one point, but it still raised €3.5bn (£2.8bn) in three-year debt at 4.65 per cent.
Cove Energy bid heads for auction
The match between Shell and Thailand's PTT for the oil explorer Cove Energy is heading for a penalty shoot-out. The City's referee, the Takeover Panel, said the pair must declare final offers by 5pm on Monday or else enter an auction, where each will be able to revise its bid once a day from Tuesday until a deal is sealed.
Construction still on the slide
An extra day at work failed to help builders in May as construction output sank again. The 6.3 per cent slide in official figures came despite a bank holiday being moved to June for the Diamond Jubilee. The industry, which accounts for 7 per cent of UK output, is expected to weigh on second quarter growth.
- 1 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair