Today's letter from the Editor
£33000 - £34000 per annum: Randstad Education Group: Technology Teacher (Resis...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, 1st yr OTE £30-£40k : SThree:...
£45000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: My client are looking fo...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 14 July 2012
Italy's credit rating cut by Moody's
The ratings agency Moody's cut Italy's credit score by two notches yesterday as it faces a "sharp" rise in funding costs due to contagion risks from Greece and Spain. Italy's 10-year borrowing costs hit 6 per cent at one point, but it still raised €3.5bn (£2.8bn) in three-year debt at 4.65 per cent.
Cove Energy bid heads for auction
The match between Shell and Thailand's PTT for the oil explorer Cove Energy is heading for a penalty shoot-out. The City's referee, the Takeover Panel, said the pair must declare final offers by 5pm on Monday or else enter an auction, where each will be able to revise its bid once a day from Tuesday until a deal is sealed.
Construction still on the slide
An extra day at work failed to help builders in May as construction output sank again. The 6.3 per cent slide in official figures came despite a bank holiday being moved to June for the Diamond Jubilee. The industry, which accounts for 7 per cent of UK output, is expected to weigh on second quarter growth.
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 Brad Pitt, on the moment he completely lost his temper with Clint Eastwood's son